Thanks to Rose Thompson for alerting us to this internship in communications for a current student or recent grad. It’s unpaid, but requires only a few hours a week and offers experience in a variety of communications and PR areas. Contact information is included below!
ORGANIZATION: City Club of Tacoma
POSITION: Communications Intern
City Club of Tacoma is seeking a smart, organized, energetic person with strong writing, communications and social media skills to assist and help lead our communications committee. This internship offers an excellent opportunity for a talented student to gain public relations and journalism experience while building relationships with Pierce County media, community and legislative contacts.
The Communications Intern will work closely with City Club of Tacoma’s leadership team to develop annual plans and provide support for City Club’s mission and objectives.
– Write and distribute press releases.
– Update online calendars and postings with current events and activities.
– Increase City Club of Tacoma’s visibility and membership by using social media tools such as Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
– Update and maintain City Club of Tacoma’s database of media and community contacts.
– Other responsibilities depending on our current campaigns.
This position will be unpaid, part time ( three to five hours per week) for six months. The internship will be based at City Club of Tacoma’s downtown offices, but the majority of work will be conducted virtually. As part of an incentive, we can offer free attendance to City Club programs for the duration of the internship.
Desired Qualifications and Abilities:
– Student or recent graduate with major in public relations, journalism or related fields.
– Excellent written and oral communication skills.
– Creative thinker.
– Excellent initiative and ability to organize and keep deadlines with minimal oversight.
– Keen attention to detail when proofreading, copyediting and fact-checking.
– Ability to be flexible, positive, take initiative, and demonstrate good judgment.
– Consistent and reliable follow-through on commitments.
– Public relations experience or abilities.
HOW TO APPLY
Please contact Erik Hanberg at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to apply.